Monday, May 07, 2007

Are We Eating Ourselves ILL

Us brits are getting fatter that's no great revelation but is what we are eating also doing us any good ?. According to the NHS that doesn't seem to be the case now in Britain there are 3.6 million people who suffer from malnutrition it seems quite a lot of us are addicted to food with no real goodness instead we eat fatty, salty,sugary,laden foods instead of a healthier alternative.

Hospitals are finding more cases of malnutrition than ever before it seems that we are becoming more reliant on pre-packaged foods instead of opting for fresh fruit and vegetables, which is the reason for this paticular problem. The thing is how often do any of us read the labels to see what the calorie content of the food is or even if it has any nutrition in it I know I never used to.

It was a case of it's food so I'll eat it without even thinking obout the affect it was having on my body, foods everywhere these days on the high street on posters on televison on the internet it's never to far away is it any wonder we tend to be swayed by the marketing men as to what we eat instead of making our own minds up.

Since changing my eating habits I feel on the whole a lot better than I used to especially when I think back to what I used to eat that is.

More people are showing up in hospitals these days with bot bellies and wasted limbs just like in third world countries which is something you don't expect not here anyway.

Via http://news.independent.co.uk

2 Comments:

Blogger Moby Dick said...

What do you expect? Once McDonalds and Burger King were allowed on British soil, your society was doomed.

7:09 am  
Blogger Mark said...

Yes Spider I agree your right on the button there, there aren't many places that Mc Donalds aren't these days where I live take away's are everywhere, pizza's kebabs,chinese,
it's very easy to be lured in by it all.

9:19 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home