Monday, May 21, 2007

What I have Learned about Weight Loss

This post sums up a few things I have learnt along my weight loss journey, when I first started to try and lose weight I never knew how easy or hard it was going to be, but seeing a clip of someone on television who was older than me losing weight started me on my journey.

He was on something called the G.I diet which was something I never heard of before so did some research and bought a book on this and looked at what needed to be done, It's foundation is based on eating foods that release there sugar more slowly so you feel fuller longer and hence lose weight.

Some foods apparently do have these properties whether that is true or not is another matter I neither have the means or the equipment to prove such a theory, but it seemed to work for me, other things that I discovered are eggs have good appetite suppressant properties if eaten at breakfast or for dinner, soup has the same effect and just recently the apples before a meal three a day one before each meal.

Another thing which I learnt is to eat more slowly, instead of eating like a horse at a trough, the reason for this is it takes 20 minutes for your brain to receive the full signal think about how much food you could eat if your plate was full, when you have a big plate of food in front of you it's very easy to eat it all, but try this eat that plate of food blindfolded and see what happens you'll be surprised.

I have smaller plates and use those now to eat my food on I don't even think about using a big plate there is no point. I eat consciously rather than the other way round instead of eating for comfort, I eat when I'm hungry.

Cut foods out that have lots of refined sugar in them like chocolate biscuits,trifles cake and any foods that are high in sugar, eat more fruit now than ever before, fruit I eat are apples, pears ,bananas nectarines, peaches.

Thats about it really hope you find something useful in this I enjoyed writing this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home