Friday, December 15, 2006

A Souper Way to Lose Weight

A great way to keep yourself warm throughout the winter months is having soup, you may not necessarily want to eat something like salad when its so cold at this time of year, the problem is with some soups is they may be lacking in nutritional content, having too much of one thing or another say for instance too much salt or sugar or any other added ingredients.

The thing is soup is very quick to make can be full of nutritional content provided you buy the right type I must admit myself that at one time, that I never used to have soup myself apart from having it on the odd occasion. But now I quite enjoy it what I tend to with my soup is add additional vegetables to it, such as fresh mushrooms, a tomato chopped up you can add as much as you want how certain to find it very filling myself and really enjoy it now.

It has been noted through a study that there are benefits to eating soup, what scientists found was that by giving people a choice what to eat there were some notable differences they gave the participants, three different meal choices all with different calorie content, and also noted what happened at certain times of the day, one such dish contained chicken and rice, and a glass of water was or wasn't consumed also, what was noted from this was that the same amount of calories were consumed throughout the day. But when the participants in the study, used the water to make a casserole something quite interesting happened.

They consumed far fewer calories throughout the day, in a French study they found that adding additional vegetables produced a similar effect, I must say I think I can vouch for this particular effect because when I have had my soup with additional vegetables, I do feel rather full and can tend to eat less.

The great thing about soup there are so many different types of you can have and they are all low in calories.

Via http://www.canada.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home